Moving to Kill Devil Hills

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sk1wbw, Aug 11, 2013.

1. macrumors 68030

sk1wbw

So the wife got a new job that she couldn't pass up, paying 55k a year and we will be moving to Kill Devil Hills. Already found a newly remodeled home to rent and it's beautiful. About a 10 minute walk, literally, to this view:

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Good for you! What a great place to live. We used to vacation there. It's near Kitty Hawk and the Wright Brothers monument, right?

3. thread starter macrumors 68030

sk1wbw

That's right. The house we rented is about a block from that museum and about a half mile or so from my wife's new job. I'll be looking for a new job, but I still have my retirement and VA disability to carry me until then.

4. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Wow, that looks pretty amazing. Enjoy!

5. macrumors 68000

4JNA

congrats. good memories of that very spot. :)

if i can find the old family album, i'll post the pic, but looks like a xerox copy. small world. best of luck.

6. macrumors 65816

designs216

No worries! Beautiful area. Just did a tour of NC outer banks and 5 light houses. Ocracoke really seemed like Maragaritaville to me. What a life.

7. thread starter macrumors 68030

sk1wbw

Looking forward to it. Been there twice now. I'm going to be a part time worker or something while the wife works at her dream job. She just got the GM position of the Best Western there. That hotel is right on the beach. Gonna be nice.

8. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I think I stayed at that Best Western. I love it over there.

9. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Many years ago I went to the Outer Banks and totally loved it. Like "GoCubsGo" I think it might have been the Best Western where I stayed, too...... One of these years I really want to get back to the Outer Banks. It's a delightful and different other world!