Moving to NYC, need a place!

Discussion in 'Community' started by nicely, Aug 27, 2002.

1. nicely macrumors member

Hey everyone, I'm moving to NYC in late Sept. I got a job in Midtown. I'm looking to share a place either in Manhattan or Brooklyn, but haven't found anything yet. If you're from NYC, and need a roommate, or know someone else who does, let me know. You can email me. nicely@email.unc.edu Also, I'd like to hear if you have just general tips as to the best way to find a sublet. Thanks.

2. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

where you working? Also, what kind of budget do you have for an apt. ?

Check out www.craigslist.org and click on the New York section, they got some stuff.

The village voice has a lot of listings, but the good ones go fast, so check it every day, you might get lucky.

3. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

if you walk around broadway (between w90 and up) you will see tons of ads by columbia grad students looking for roomates.

Its a good safe area. I'l let you know if I hear anything though.

Good luck.

4. nicely thread starter macrumors member

I'll be doing post production for a network tv show. I'm looking to spend up to 800 a month, preferably less, of course. Thanks for the replies.

5. nicely thread starter macrumors member

I'll be using a quicksilver dual gig and final cut pro 3, which is awesome. They're still using OS9 though because of storage incompatibilities.