Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
I've been recording some TV shows and have moved them onto my mac. I import the files to iTunes and of course they go to the movies folder. Is there any way that I can get these files to go into the "TV shows" section of iTunes? Is there some kind of setting within the file information?
Thanks

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
Yes. First off stay out of the folders, do this in iTunes' interface.

Right-click on your show and "get info". Go to the "video" tab and change the type in the drop down box to "TV Show".

iTunes will move it from the movie section of iTunes to the TV show section. The file will also be moved from the movies folder to the TV show folder in your iTunes directory.

ucsdmac

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
I changed them to TV Shows but they're still in Movies. I also have the problem of multiple albums even though they have the same info in Get Info

any help? thanks

thegilly

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
I use Lostify to do this kind of processing, makes it easier to work with batches of files such as whole seasons of TV shows. Basically, whatever you do it seems to take a bit of fiddling around to get TV shows to appear the way you want them to in iTunes because messing up one field on one episode can make that episode appear as if it were a season all its own. Use Lostify, or just select all relevant episodes in iTunes and edit them at once, so that you can be sure that the show name and season number are 100% consistent.

If you do use Lostify, you can lock Lostify's setting for 'TV Show' so that by default everything you run through it will enter iTunes as TV show episodes--that way even if you don't feel like messing around looking up correct titles and production codes that day at least when you go to look for your TV shows they won't be hiding under Movies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.