Mozilla 1.3b

Discussion in 'New Mac Application Announcements' started by AmbitiousLemon, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

www.mozilla.org

Just downloaded it and boy is it great. Think I will set Chimera aside for awhile (at least until .7 is release which should be soon).

And for those who find the interface elements of chimera slow, Mozilla is MUCH faster in that respect as well.

It is clear why Apple didn't show speed comparisons to Mozilla on its Safari page, I bet even their skewed benchmarks can't beat this speed machine.

Note to new Mozilla users:
    1) You'll probably find bugs here, so if the idea of filing a bug and making sure it hasn't already been reported is too much trouble, then you'll be happier downloading 1.2.1 instead.
    2) Ugly? well you forgot to install the OSX components to make it use aqua! Get Them here :)

2. macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

It is faster than previous versions, but I am not sure whether it is faster or not. That is probably just in perception though. Some browsers load the whole page and flash it up all at once. Others such as Mozilla, show each element as it progressively loads.

3. macrumors 65816

alset

I can't believe I actually installed another copy of Mozilla, but the speed item intrigued me. You're right. It's blazing.

Still, however, I am no fan of the interface, even after pinstriping it. Not my style. Same reason I dislike Safai.

Dan

4. macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

i love the look of mozilla and especially safari (when you use safaricon) but i have to say mozilla is getting very fast...