Mozilla browsers (Camino & FF) not showing Quicktime Movies

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GimmeSlack12, Jul 27, 2006.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I know I changed something, and really don't know what. I've reinstalled Quicktime and Flip4Mac but the problem persists.

The problem is audio playing with "No Picture" being displayed on a black background. Any ideas?

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

What do you mean by "reinstalled" Quick Time...? And why...?

And does this happen with all Quick Time films or just a selected few...? Links...?

3. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I'll start from the beginning.

I use VLC a lot, and had installed a VLC quicktime plug-in. Didn't know what it was for and after install it did nothing but cause VLC to give an annyoing error when I opened it. Ok so I tried to delete it, there was no uninstaller and I couldn't really find the plug-in for VLC so I removed a few things regarding VLC prefs in the Library.

This is where I did something wrong. Obviously removed something I shouldn't have that has caused Camino to be borked.

So my first thought was to reinstall QT thinking that it would re-install whatever it was that I removed. That hasn't worked.

The problems sites are: Rocketboom.com ; Cnn.com ; and various others. But when rocketboom.com didn't work anymore I knew something was kinda EFFed.

I tried Safari, and it runs everything just fine.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Ok... rocketboom works fine in my Bon Echo, so you've definitively deleted something you shouldn't have... ;)

Let's see, what do you have left in your /Library/Internet Plug-ins/ folder?

Picture 1.png

Anything I have that you're missing? :)

5. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Thanks Mittrawn.
    By having me compare with your plug-ins window I found the VLC plug-in causing **** with my system (don't know how I missed it the first time). Removed it and everything is back to normal. I suppose it was simply interferring with QT.

Appreciate the effort.

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

He-he... that's what the Disabled Plug-ins folder is for... ;)

Good to know everything is back to normal... :)