MP3 broadcast thru AirPort to home stereos

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by KenWedin, Jan 4, 2002.

1. KenWedin macrumors newbie

What do you think the possibility is of Apple’s big announcement being the use of AirPort to broadcast MP3 (files and streams) to stereos throughout the house, based on the research involved in developing the iPod?

Of course it has already been done, maybe, by Audiotron from TurtleBeach.com.

Naturally, I’d rather see a PowerBook G5 with something like a huge unfolding screen and SuperDrive, but that’s obviously not going to be happening for a while.

kenwedin@gol.com
    Chiba, Japan

2. rekras macrumors regular

goddddddddddd im sick of hearing this stupid rumor, this is what was said before MWNY and the ipod release, it's impractical, and wouldnt sell well at all, no more of this rumor anymore it's finished, it's never going to happen...

3. ilikeiBook macrumors regular

ilikeiBook

4. Bophonic macrumors newbie

HEY

Yeah, but guys, can it be done?? Even if Apple doesn't (and they won't) release something to stream music through airport, how can it be done with mods? Has anyone tried it?? Think of how cool it might be. You could walk around your house with your laptop and play music through the stereo. How can it be done???!!

P

5. KingArthur macrumors regular

Yes, it can and has been done (sadly I remember not who). I know that adapters have been made that broadcast to a frequency (specified by you to an extent) that has a range of something like 12-20 feet. Also, I believe that there have been attemps at using the standard 1.3Ghz or 900Mhz frequencies that cordless phones use and having an reciever hooked-up to the sterio somehow.

6. palala macrumors member

well

Motorola makes something called "Simplefi" which is almost exactly what the Apple device rumors describe, except it is not made by apple, and (here is the kicker) it doesn't support the Mac. D'oh.