MP3 Edit, cut, join help please?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by janniman, Jan 25, 2006.

1. janniman macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2006
    I'm new to this forum and still quite new to Macs in general i had an eMac for a year but it died a sad death! I now have a shinny new iMac which i adore! :D :D :D :D :D
    I was wandering if anybody knew how to cut and edit mp3s i want to cut off the beggining and the end, and try to join two together. Is there a software that anyone can reccomend please?

I have tried using the search engines, but there doesnt seem to be anything useful coming up. i think i dont know the correct terminology to search for ( i am from a minidic background!!!!!!!)
  2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Jul 23, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Audacity will do what you want. I use it to clip down MP3's for ringtones and what not...
  3. janniman thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2006
    Cheers mate, that looks like just wat i'm after. thanks.
  4. PharmD macrumors 6502

Aug 2, 2005
    Oregon Coast
    Thanks, I was looking for something to snip mp3's for ringtones as well.
  5. starnox macrumors 6502

Apr 15, 2005
    You can do that sort of stuff with Garageband, it's just a little long winded because you have to convert them to mp3 in iTunes afterwards.
  6. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

You don't need to broadcast the size of your dic

but, you can edit mp3's right in iTunes by highlighting the song>get info>options>and change the beginning and end of the song length>advanced>convert selection to whatever

creates a second version of the same song with the edits in place.
  7. janniman thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2006
  8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    For anyone else looking, a lot of the consumer Macs also shipped with a program called SoundStudio that does this. I'm not sure 100% if they do anymore, though. I haven't yet looked for it on my iMac.
  9. MatthewCobb macrumors regular

Jun 7, 2005
    Manchester, UK
  10. glennifer macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2008