mp3 - flash converter

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by deltrotter, Jan 21, 2005.

1. deltrotter macrumors regular

Hi everyone

I have a sound recording that I would like to stream from my website using Flash. Does anyone know of an app that will convert this to Flash and also include a small player 'app' (Stop / Pause / Play).

mp3SoundStream (http://www.mp3soundstream.com) is a neat application for the PC, but I'd like one for OS X!!

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Del

2. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I would suggest that you USE Flash. There is a component with playback control that you can drop in and stream your mp3(s) through it. Then you just place your flash .swf in your html layout.

3. deltrotter thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Decksnap

Apreciate it.

Don't suppose you have a link to a tutorial that would guide me through how to do that?

Cheers

Del

4. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Well I tried to upload a sample for you but it is too large. What you basically want to do drag an instance of the media playback controller from the 'media components' folder in your components pane into your layout. Then, with the controller selected, go in the component inspector parameters field and add the url to the mp3 you want to stream, and edit other preferences. You will want the exported .swf and the mp3 to be in the same folder.

5. deltrotter thread starter macrumors regular

Hi Decksnap

That sounds like exactly what I want. I'll give it go.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

Del