MP3 Player beside iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by heljy, Feb 3, 2003.

1. heljy macrumors member

I am looking for something like winamp. iTunes is great but it always tries to add music to my library whenever I try to play mp3 files from a CD. Is there any program that (like winamp) that allows you to drop and drop files that you want to play.

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i've never used an MP3 CD, but i can't imagine it's that different? you can selectively import whatever you want, and drag and drop files to re-order them in the list...

i was going to burn a couple of MP3 cds for my new theatre system, but got an ipod instead and patched it in...

pnw

3. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

you want some options, ok then, get ready

First off, try Audion, its the god of mp3 players on the mac (after itunes)

Audion can be grabbed here

Then try Whamb, awesome player,
    Grab it here

4. dricci macrumors 6502a

If you change the option in your preferences, you can turn off the auto-import to your Library and just have it leave the files in their current location.

5. heljy thread starter macrumors member

mac15:

Thanks alot!

dricci:

I understand what you are saying, but I find that its a bother turning auto-import on/off everytime. :p

6. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

You only need to do it once surely?

7. heljy thread starter macrumors member

There are times when I really want to import files into my harddrive, so I got to turn that on (i know that I can do that using other ways).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yeah, it's a good deal easier to just use the "import" button in the CD window-- rips the whole CD with a single click, whatever bitrate you have specified. the "import on insert" feature is more for people who have a huge CD library to go through, all at once...

i don't think the other MP3 players are anywhere near as easy to configure ripping wise, if you're not happy with iTunes, you probably won't like them too much either...

pnw