MP3 player forum.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by igmolinav, Feb 1, 2006.

1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

Hi,

My mother has to buy an MP3 player for a boy that is like her godson.
    The boy wants this MP3 player (Cowon) we have never heard of. My mother wants to know more about where to buy this product, so perhaps there is (are) a (several) forums to know more about this product.

Thank you very much,

Igmolinav.

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

check the company's product listing...

http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/

it has all you want to know about them. you can also order them online. if you'd rather but it in a store, there is a 'where to buy' button up top on the site. click that and poke around there.

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I have never heard of it, but a google search pulled up this sit http://eng.iaudio.com/

i say iPod as well but if he really wants this buy it for him.

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

ig,
    I did a simple google search for the site?:p

As for the product itself, never heard of it. I did some quick research on their site and this what i got from it. First of all, Cowon is a Korean Company that's products look to be like Creative-esk products, with a much sexier style. Other than that they appear to be just average mp3 players. Mac and Linux are supported, but not AAC or Protected AAC, so no iTunes Store usage. Other than that they seem to be the average run of the mill mp3 players: color display that can show photos or grayscale display depending on model, very small jog-wheel type controls, HD storage, USB 2.0 syncing, everything that's really 'standard'. They have Flash based and Hard Drive based players that range in price from a little over $100 to the full scale media center player that is about $450.

They are available on Amazon to buy, didn't really look much more than that for reviews or anything. So i won't go into detail about whether to buy until later, after i do some more reading. there's some "help" you requested. It's just an average looking player. Not an iPod killer but definitely looks like an improvement over Creative and other competing players. Just beware the lack of iTunes/iTMS support.

EDIT: i took so long writing this you guys beat me to the website:eek:

I did a quick search on epinions.com, too. They appear to be pretty well liked, get rather nice reviews in most cases. They have way too many players for me to read them, but you can here.