mp3 recorder for mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RickRandom, Jun 17, 2006.

1. RickRandom macrumors newbie

Dec 1, 2005
    Back in the windows days i had a nice app called super mp3 recorder that could record anything from computers master volume, so everything that comes out from the speakers. I've tried some apps for mac but they've been all about recording line in. I'm not looking for a stream ripper either, but a simple app that saves master volume straight to .mp3 and is preferably freeware :rolleyes:

Cheer's for any suggestions.
  2. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Nov 29, 2005
    Best way I can think of is to just get a minijack to minijack cable, plug one end into the headphone port and the other into the line in.
  3. MacSA macrumors 68000

Jun 4, 2003
    What about Audacity?

Sorry.....just realised the Mac verson is different (inferior), and I dont think it will let you do this.
  4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

Jul 17, 2005
    5045 feet above sea level
    what I do is just use the free version of wiretap pro that only lets you record in aiff format. Then I run an automator program to convert that aiff file to mp3 or aac or anything else itunes can convert to. may lose quality but if you initially record at the highest settings in aiff and then convert to mp3, I can't seem to hear a difference between the two. hope that helps
  5. RickRandom thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 1, 2005
    Thanks for answering. I tried audacity but yeh it was only line in. I'll have to try either that wiretap if i don't find straight to mp3 app or that heaphone-line in trick.