mp3 Tag Editor

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by speedemonV12, Mar 29, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

hey guys, im looking for a good mp3 tag editor, i need to be able to change the title, artist, and genre easily for a large number of files, so i want to be able to edit, and go on to the next file quickly, i also would like to be able to when im done with all the tags, rename all the files in the format of Artist-Title.

if you know of a good editor, please let me know..... Oh, and also, what do you guys think is the best way to get album art?

2. macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the link... very helpfull.... tri tag is working well for the file renaming part, but i am having a tought time with the tag editing... I edit the title and artists in the bottom of the tri trag window, where all the files show up, and then once i exit the program, they are all the same as they were before i changed them. It seems like the tag editing part isnt working, is there something specific that i need to do in order for it to complete and save the edit? or am i doing something wrong?

thanks!

4. macrumors 6502

I use easytag, which you can install via Fink or Darwinports. You'll need X11 running but this is a really powerful tag editor.

http://easytag.sourceforge.net/