mp3 tags

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brsboarder, Aug 18, 2004.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

does anyone know a good program to help reorganize/name your mp3's, for instance, I got from a friend 500 mp3's called top 500 classic rock songs, and the title/artist is in the title part, are therte any programs to help edit quickly so I dont have to individually go through each one

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Before this thread drops from the front page, I’ll bump it. I think there are some apps that do what you want, but I don’t know the name of any. I recommend you do a search on VersionTracker for mp3, tag or something else.

3. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Am I missing something or wouldn't iTunes be a quick way to accomplish this?

4. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I think what he means is that the tags are empty now and there are completely different songs from different artists. But as the filename consists of this data, he wants to put this into the tags. iTunes won’t help him in this case.

5. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

So there's a program that will literally chop the titles up into different pieces and move the pieces of the title to the individual appropriate tags? Haven't heard of that one.

6. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Well that's way cool! If it works as advertised that is.

7. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

8. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

It does. I've used it to find the album for about 500 songs. I would recommend checking to make sure it finds the right tags because maybe 1 out of 50 songs it is wrong.