MP3 to wav converter available?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by About2SwitchOvr, Mar 29, 2004.

1. About2SwitchOvr macrumors regular

Hello again. I don't BELIEVE this has been asked, at least I wasn't able to find it around here yet?

I simply want to convert an mp3 file to a wav file. I just want to maybe switch around some alert/sound/bleeps... Does my iMac 20" already have embedded software that can do that, or do I need to buy/find something else? Thanks in advance guys!

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

QuickTime Player can convert mp3s to wavs and vice versa. I believe it's a QuickTime Pro feature only, but I'm not sure since I've only ever used QTPro.

3. Xero macrumors 6502

iTunes

you can do this in iTunes (without having to buy quicktime pro), just go into preferences, and under importing, switch to WAV encoder. then command+click (right click) the file you want to convert in iTunes, and just hit "Convert Selection to WAV".

4. About2SwitchOvr thread starter macrumors regular

WOW, THANKS

Hehe, you guys are great. This forum has definitely helped me ease the transition from my PC. I can almost swear by now, that I'll never go back to a PC. I just don't see a reason to go back. THANKS for the input, I will try this once I get home...
    MUCH appreciated..

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Only thing about iTunes is you can't select what compression (if any) to use for wavs. That's probably not a big deal though.

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Use QTConvert, it offers all the Quicktime compression options without having to buy Quicktime Pro. It simply works off the Quicktime API that any app can access, and give the user the option to export to any format that Quicktime Pro or iMovie can export to. http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/22356