MP4 playback for GBA

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sol, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

http://ds.ign.com/articles/629/629224p1.html

The Play Yan is a cartridge for the GameBoy Advance that provides hardware accelerated video and music playback. Nintendo will release encoding software and I hope that they support QuickTime.

The GBA screens use the 3:2 aspect ratio so they would be good for widescreen content. With the GameBoy Micro the screen is supposed to be Nintendo's best and that is a big claim when you know how good the DS screens are.

2. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

But the psp can do all of this out of the box with a screen 10x nicer. Why even bother with nintendo?

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

because nintendo games a ******** better? and that sony products break in a matter of hours for me? :p

4. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Because not everyone can afford a PSP?

5. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I guess not everyone can, my 14 year old bother can, but i guess not everyone is as wealthy as him. Nintendo is a sinking ship.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Nintendo is hardley a sinking ship, might as well call MS or Apple a sinking ship then, Nintendo has a lot of money and influence in the gaming world, they are just underrated

7. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Just look at what nintendo has vs everyone else. The PSP blows the DS out of the water in every single category. Looking toward the future, the Revolution has much more lackluster specs than the PS3 or the 360. I've heard it been said that the Revolution is nintendo's Swan Song.

8. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

swan song?

thats why DS is still beating out the PSP in japan after both have had six months on the market... even if nintendo ditched home consoles altogether, they could exist and be very profitable on titles and handhelds alone. every game system since the N64 has been called the big N's last. You seem to have the same mentality as the people who say apple is on their last leg after every apple announcement. I have all three systems and the games i go back to over and over again are on my gamecube. second my PS2 and last my xBox. Although I love my PSP, I love my DS in just as many ways. both systems have their strong points. and talk about missing and opportunity.... sony had the perfect op to at least compete with the iPod by including even a small hard-drive/microdrive/flash chip in the PSP, but they had to rape people with their proprietary memory stick duo crap. not to mention when i go to my friends house with my DS and he has a game i don't, i just download it from his machine. thats a very cool thing if you have friends with the same system you do...

9. takao macrumors 68040

takao

you have seen revolution specs ? ;) i doubt that somehow ...

and about the psp: for be so supirior it's really outselling the competition, right ? i think we already had that with the ps2... best graphics most features etc. don't mean as much in the handheld (and console) market

(and ninendo made what ? 1 billion $ net profit in 2004 ? that's mroe than apple or microsofts xbox department.. and even mroe than sonys ps2 department...yeah that's a sinking ship)