Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brando06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
I know this question has been asked before...... Is it possible to rip an mp4 to a dvd?? The answer people are giving is NO. There must be some program out there that can convert the mp4 file to dvd?? Someone please find one HELP ME OUT!!

Delta608

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2007
Tampa Bay
I know this question has been asked before...... Is it possible to rip an mp4 to a dvd?? The answer people are giving is NO. There must be some program out there that can convert the mp4 file to dvd?? Someone please find one HELP ME OUT!!

I googled mp4 to a dvd and got 26 pages of returns...:cool:

Brucewl

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
There are so many professional tools to convert MP4 to DVD, you can just google it... I'm using Leawo DVD Creator for Mac, it can convert many video formats to DVD, but not freeware.

Last edited:

bligz

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2011
mp4 to dvd

What would you consider the best mp4 to dvd converter. I used to use nero on the pc, is here a nero like program for a mac?

mrjones19

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2012
hi.
Go to internet and download MP4 to DVD convert for mac.
installed it and use it to convert MP4 to DVD.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia

I use WonderShare DVD creator - Works well and is very easy to use :)

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I've got Toast 11, and it won't recognize the .mp4 files. I tried changing the files to both .m4v and .mp2 files, but Toast 11 still refused to make a movie DVD of the files. I've tried working in iMovie and iDVD as well. Maybe I'm not smart enough for the workaround, in fact, that's a good possibility. I just think it shouldn't be this hard to get content I paid for.

So did you find a solution? I'm in the same boat and want to convert some HD Mp4 to a burnable DVD. How can I do this?

hogger129

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2013

Convert the file to .vob, write it to a blank DVD with Imgburn and it should play in any DVD player. You just need a blank disc that will fit the file on it. I bought ConvertXToDVD years ago for burning my family's home movies of our vacations to DVD and it automates this process. Drag/drop the file into the program and it converts, adds a menu and burns it to a blank disc.

What kind of file are you trying to burn to the DVD? Does the file have DRM? If so, it won't burn to a DVD ever unless you find a way to circumvent the DRM which isn't legal in the United States under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1999.

So did you find a solution? I'm in the same boat and want to convert some HD Mp4 to a burnable DVD. How can I do this?

For the record, you're not going to get HD quality out of a DVD. DVD is only capable of 720x480 which is just the same as 480p. If you want HD quality, you should use a single-layer BD-R, and I think the majority of Blu Ray players support .mp4. Make sure you use UDF 2.50 for the file system in Imgburn or it won't play right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.