.mp4 to .wmv

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by crdean1, Sep 29, 2006.

1. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Greetings.

I have searched for this answer with no luck.

I have used Handbrake for the first time to rip a DVD (one that I created for promotional use) into .mp4 format. I am trying to now get this video to .wmv, so I can give it to a web guy who requested it in that format.

I probably also need to be able to reduce the size to something more appropriate for streaming on a website.

Thanks for your help.

2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

3. eyemacg5 macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

4. crdean1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Thanks you. I'll check those out.

A friend just pionted out how much of an idiot I am. I can use Quicktime Pro which I already have. I can even compress it to any size I need. I had no idea.

Thanks again.

5. crdean1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

O.K. Now I am using Quicktime Pro, and am trying to simply open an Mpeg-4 video (@640x480) and export it to a .wma file (@320x240).

The problem is, it only converts about 15 seconds of the movie and says it's done. I tried this on a longer version, and it did the same thing. Makes me think it is my settings.

Anyone know what the problem might be? There are many settings for the export, and all I changed from the default was the size.

Screenshot posted.

Attached Files:

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Um, Flip4Mac Trial version. ;) QT can't natively export to WMV. It uses F4M free to read and the Pro version (that you have to pay for) to write. You have the demo, which can't do more than 15 seconds.

There might be freeware somewhere, but most of it seems to be shareware, probably because of licensing issues.

7. crdean1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Ahhh, thank you very much. I will buy the other version of flip 4 mac. Learn something new every day.