MPB - I won't one so bad, but

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aaron.lee2006, May 30, 2006.

1. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I want an MPB so bad but I don't live near any apple stores. I am afraid to order it online because when I get it I don't wanna have to deal with heat, whine etc. What do you think wait, or deal with the issues.:confused:

2. c1gar macrumors newbie

Wait a while

Hey there, 1st post for me :)

I got my 17inch MBP 2.16ghz 3 days ago, sorry to say, it whines and it gets boiling hot, im swapping it for a Black MB, i dont mind a £900 model gettting hot, but for £2,000 its really not worth it with the whine and the heat issue.

:(

3. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I've heard Apple is finally adressing the issues so, we'll see what happens before next semester I guess. I like the MAcBook's but I think I would need something with a little for graphics power.

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

not all of the computers have issues. if you're unlucky and receive one that does, you ship it back to apple and they take care of it.

5. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Yah, I'm not buying it till next semester and I'm sure things will be fixed up by then. BTW it's my first MAc, I'll ever have :)

6. Wano macrumors 6502

I have had my 17" Macbook pro for a little over a week now. It gets a little bit hot, but it really isn't much worse than my 12" powerbook. The noise, I hear a faint noise when it's plugged in, but typing on the keyboard is louder than it. These problems are so minor in comparison to everything I like about it.

7. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Where did you hear that? :)

8. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

Could you tell me why you are getting the black because I am torn between white and black?

9. Nate4747 macrumors regular

I did the same thing, just for a white MB. I felt like spending that much on one that had such problems was really bad.

The MB is good though, very solid. If you want a MBP and can wait a bit longer you should, just to see how things are going with the rev B model.

10. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

Was wondering that too :confused:

11. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Don't remember the link but it is one of those digg.com things.

12. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

Hmm, I sent my MBP in for repair, whine issue. The book came back with no changes what so ever. According to the technician they can't do anything to fix it. Seems like your news haven't reached Denmark yet ;)

But trust me I'll send it in again.

As to the heat, they won't do anything about that either, trust me. What are they going to do, recall all purchased MBP's? Not likely. I'm not bothered by the heat anyway, not much hotter then my old PB.

13. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I returned a MacBook Pro 15" 1.83GHz to Apple the day after the MacBook came out. It's just NOT WORTH the extra money when the MacBook is the same computer for hundreds of dollars/pounds/yourcurrency less.

The MacBook Pro got burning hot, especially on the charger and the thing had a horrid whine. Luckily, my new MacBook has neither of these issues - it really is a great machine.

The ONLY reason anyone should buy the MacBook Pro is if they absolutely definitely must must have the Radeon X1600 - even then, I don't think that it's worth £400-500 extra.

14. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

I would rather spend hundreds more for the mbp over the mb, simply because of:

1. The screen resolution and brightness difference
    2. Existance of an actual video card allows me to play most games.

For me, the computers are by no means "the same computer".

15. The Senator macrumors regular

The Senator

macbookpros UNITE!!! mine gets hot all the time, it dosent whine that much anymore. But Chicks DIG IT!!! I got mine in febuary and never did I send it back. Its the best computer ever made.

16. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

3. Backlit keyboard
    4. Aluminum case AWSOME, AWSOME TO THE MAX!!
    5. Better speakers

I would still go MBP despite the whine and more heat.

17. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

6. Better HDD
    7. Better Processor
    8. Thinner (even though its only like o.o8")

18. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

Still counts hehe :p

19. The Senator macrumors regular

The Senator

9.Hardcore

because your not hardcore, unless you live hardcore

20. codo macrumors 6502

I do love that scorching hot metal feeling, yes. So awesome. Like a portable industrial oven, who wouldn’t want one?

Yeah! Ride those crazy laptop beats. Seriously, anyone doing serious audio work (or listening to music) would use the digital (or analogue) out. Errm, yes, yes in fact the MacBook does have this feature. Damn...

So true, yes. But, erm, I can have the same processor and a better hard drive than the base MBP in a MacBook for -£££ cheaper by removing 3 screws.

Oh... Oh dear, the system has broken down slightly?

It simply doesn’t equate to a worthy deal in my eyes – I’m glad they didn’t cripple the MacBook however I don’t think you Pro guys and gals have been provided with a fabulous product in terms of value for money even by Apple standards. Will be interesting to see what they do, as I think they will do something.

21. c1gar macrumors newbie

Apple shame on you

Just swaped the 17inch Book MBP for the black MB, a lovely little machine,

apart from it has more problems then my old MBP, Major whine and mooing, lol

goner take this back on tuesday,

all in all tho, if i had to choose between a MBP with no problems, or a MB with no problems, i would have to say the MB every time, i really, really digg the black casing, the screen glossyness is great,

Maybe 3rd time lucky for me, heres hoping....

22. robotrondeluxe macrumors newbie

I would wait until the end of the summer. That's what I am doing... Unless I hear that the problems have been sufficiently solved.