Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parenthesis

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2003
Here and there
Aiming to close a long-standing gap in digital rights management for MPEG-4, a streaming media consortium is seeking comments on an encryption specification slated for release in June. The Internet Streaming Media Alliance (ISMA), whose members include Apple Computer, AOL Time Warner, Cisco Systems, IBM and Sun Microsystems, said it would spend the next two months evaluating public review of the new digital rights management (DRM) specification.

C|Net News.com

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
The ISMAs web site home

Time and time again on many bb sites I see postings about encryption and stegography. While people know how they do, they do not know how they work. This is why I think that so few people ever comment on these topics.

Beyond this, what exactly is public commentary going to accomplish? As far as the general user is concerned, less is better. Companies, on the other hand, I would guess, want super security and the ability to have single use keys with expiration protocols so that they can make money and control who is using their media.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.