mpeg 4 problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jelloshotsrule, Jan 18, 2005.

1. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

so i recently reinstalled my system on a second internal drive, and have been going through the process of copying stuff over so as to keep preferences, apps, etc. during this process, i've noticed that i can't view mpeg 4 movies in quicktime. i get the audio, but the video just comes up green. i can use vlc and such and see them still... i can't figure out which file/component/etc i didn't copy over. anyone with suggestions?

thanks

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

QT doesn't have the codec in its codec folder. ffmpeg might be what is needed, use google or find it off apples website in the app download area. Follow the directions of dragging it to the correct folder, and it should hopefully play the files. There is also third party codecs and stuff that QT can download itself inside its preferences or options area.

3. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i looked around and couldn't find anything that worked. though i did learn something about qt's updating interface. so that's cool

i think i'm just going to reinstall again and pay more attention to what i copy over and where i put it.

thanks!