MPEG problems

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Macpoops, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Macpoops macrumors 6502

I have recently come across a few video files that for some reason do not play to their full length. These are 97-180 meg files but for some reason the play head on quicktime advances across the timeline much quicker then expected. Reaching the end somewhere in the middle of the movie. Now this is the weird part... If i rewind it rewinds from the end of the movie back through parts that did not play the first time through. Anyone have any ideas. I tried putting it through cleaner 6 but that didn't seem to change anything

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Try using other players like MPlayer... just look on VersionTracker.com

Don't know why it happens though... I've played files as big as a gig and a half without any problems...

irmongoose

3. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

It could be a video that's been split into parts and then stitched together. any MPEG video that's been stitched plays like that in Quicktime. It's never been sorted out and it's just one more reason why ALL video/media players are just as lame as each other when it comes to some things.

You won't be able to play it back properly with anything else either unless it has it's own MPEG codec because most other media players on the mac just leach their MPEG support of quicktime anyway.