MPlayer Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by batboyaka, Jul 9, 2006.

1. batboyaka macrumors newbie

I 'm having subtitle problems with the MPlatyer application that I'm trying to use to view a movie. I saw that you are supposed to upload "fonts" somehow so MPlayer can use them for subtitles. So far I have the fonts I need downloaded and I was told to go into "Show Package Contents" then "Contents" then "Resource" then "Fonts" and then take the folder of "fonts" I downloaded and move them into the "Fonts" folder then do some other stuff so that MPlayer can recognize it. I can't locate the "Fonts" folder so thats were I'm at right now. I'm doing this to be able to view a movie I downloaded and so far the audio and the video work, but I need subtitles. If I did anything wrong or you guys know of a better ways to get subtitles on MPlayer please tell me. thanks.

2. Yuvi macrumors member

I've never needed to install special fonts for MPlayer. To enable subtitles, you should be able to just press 'v' to enable/disable them and 'j' or 'b' to cycle through the different tracks. You should also be able to choose the font from the system fonts in preferences->general if you're using a recent Mac build from their website. (maybe the old MPlayer OS X 2 builds needed the method you describe?)

3. batboyaka thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes !!

it works!! Thanks, I looked everywhere to try and figure out how to enable them. It wasn't working automatically so I was worried. I have Mac OS 10.4.6, thanks again for your help.