MPlayer - using through Terminal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cb911, Sep 10, 2004.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

hi,

i'm looking for MPlayer that i can use via the Terminal. so far i've only found "MPlayer OS X B8r2" and that's only the GUI version.

does anyone know where i can get a version of MPlayer that works with Terminal?

the only reason i want it is so i can use the -dumpstream option, which you can't (AFAIK) do with that GUI version...

well, if anyone can help me out, that'd be great! :D

2. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Good luck...

I know that www.mplayer.hu is the official site of the linux player, and that's what I use on my SuSE 9.1 box... I can't say I know a lot about the unix-ey differences between OS X and Linux, so maybe you should just try giving the Linux version a shot in OS X? Correct me if I'm wrong... (And probably am.)

BTW, what's the reason for wanting to run in the terminal?

Edit: Ignore above question... jumped the gun and probably should have finished reading the post :eek:

3. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

well... i looked at the 'older releases' from the official site, i think that's only Linux releases.

i remember there was a previous OS X version that made you install some UNIX-y type stuff for it all to work... does anyone remember which version that was?

or alternatively, if anyone knows how to save a 'mms://' stream in OS X... :)

i'm trying to get these streams of a new Pepsi ad just completed by The Mill:

mms://wmsmw.ld.mediawave.co.uk/graphico/MAX/pepsi_max_ad_high.wmv > the Pepsi commercial. (30 sec i think.)

mms://wmsmw.ld.mediawave.co.uk/graphico/MAX/making_of_high.wmv > 4 minute making-of

so if anyone know's how to save them...?? or if anyone can save them then send them to me... ;) :D