Mr. Anderson - formerly Dukestreet

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Anderson, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Its already come up in a couple threads and to prevent it from popping up in a bunch more here's the explanation.

I've been wanting to move away from dukestreet for a while. my webstite dukestreet.com is going to take a smaller focus than my newer projects, although I'll always have that domain.

And that left me with what to choose to be as my new member name. Well, in real life I am 'Mr. Anderson' and I'm rather a fan of the Matrix. I like the dual meaning, and it works well and has enough name recognition that pretty everyone here gets the reference.

Friends and coworkers also call me Mr. Anderson - just like Agent Smith in the first Matrix on occassion - so I'm used to it. I hope everyone approves. :D

D

2. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Thanks Duke....erm...I mean, Mr. Anderson ;) I feel much better now knowing what brought about the change :)

Nice to see the old 'tar back too, maybe we'll be seeing the "Show me the G5" one again? :cool:

3. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

"I'm going to enjoy watching you die...Mr. Anderson." :cool:

he he...couldn't resist it again... ;)

4. thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, as for the 'show me the G5' tar, i don't think so. We don't even know if the new machines are going to be called the G5. I might make a new tar that would be a 'special edition', only around for a couple days on the announcement of the new processor....we'll see.

Any future 'tars will probably have some sort of Matrix reference. I'll stick with Fiji/Lightwave for now, though. Its my favorite.

D

5. thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

for those not familliar with this 'tar....

its a little much actually, but it was interesting for a while and dates back well over a year ago....

D

Attached Files:

6. macrumors 68040

tazo

that is a great quote: "I am going to enjoy watching you die mr. anderson..." :D

7. macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you for the explanation. For me personally calling someone Mr. is very formal. When working at a hospital many of the doctors would ask us call them by their first name. It always seemed to be a friendly gesture! I don't mean any disrespect though, so If you prefer Mr. Anderson! ;)

8. macrumors 65816

Roger1

OOOOOO. Your friends and coworkers tack a "Mr." on your name??? I'm impressed.:D Usually, if something is tacked onto my name, it's derogetory. As in, "Where's that idiot Roger at?!!?" :D Sigh. Not even little kids call me mister anymore. :( Ah, well, if they called me Mr Roger, it might confuse them. ;)

9. thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Actually, its not a term of respect in that sense, its said exactly like in the Matix by Agent Smith, more jokingly.

If you haven't seen the movie, which I imagine there will be a few of you, although not many, it won't be as obvious. If you haven't seen the movie I highly recommend it - the Matrix is one of those rare movies that changes the genre and has a much greater effect than anticipated. Special effects, references and 'treatments' used in the movie have cropped up continually since it first came out.

I can't wait to see what's done for the two new ones this year.

D

10. macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

mr. rogers. :( sad that he died and some nasty ones are still a live.

sorry... couldn't resist. fred was a great man

11. macrumors 65816

Roger1

LOL :D I liked the trolly, myself.:)

12. macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Well Duke, this is certainly most unexpected. Congrats on the shift, though. I hope everything works out for you with these new ventures. I have just one question, though. Used to be that we called you Duke, and Mr. Anderson is such a mouth full. What should we call you now, boss? Are you hoping for Neo? ;)

13. thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

ah, well, good question, not sure on that...we'll have to see what happens. I'm sure most people will still call me Duke :D

There is a first name anyway and it starts with D......

D

14. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

:confused:

OK, I'm lost...

Does that mean he took the blue pill, or the red pill?

Or did he ask for the suppository?

15. Retired

jefhatfield

i will always remember the old name, and i can picture you with your frisbee or running a five minute mile...and at your age!!...but i still cannot picture you with a different name

i remember when you came on board...you were one of the old ones like me

but since then, some real "old" ones have come here as major, daily posters...all to make the two of us not look so old...remember when macrumors was practically all teenagemacusers.com?

16. thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I took the red pill.....

And time will eventually make it seem natural, not much has changed, just the name...:D

D

17. Retired

jefhatfield

you mean the purple pill?;)

18. thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

ha, well, unfortunately, I don't get that reference although I can think of a few that might be applicable ;)

D

19. macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I like it! Now people will probably call you Anderson. ;)

20. macrumors G4

Is this going to be some sort of cyclical thing, every 10,000 posts a name change?

[​IMG]

21. thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha, a couple months ago I was with my dog at one of my local dog parks and a guy showed up with his dog named 'Anderson'

Every time he yelled for the dog it was quite weird to me :D

Doubtful - I think this one will be here to stay. I had wanted to change about a year ago, actually, but it never happened.

D

22. macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Good idea...

I'll probably forget from time to time and still refer to you as, Dukestreet (quite a memorable name). But over time, I suppose that will probably erode and we'll all be calling you "MIS-ter Anderson..." with that Agent Smith inflection. :D

23. Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

So, let me get this right, you had two names, one of which had a future, one did not:D

What's the point of changing your name... when you can't. Speak?

(ok, I need to lie down now)

24. macrumors 68030

britboy

So you finally got round to having your name changed, Mr. Anderson. It's been a long time coming, that's for sure. What prompted you to get round to it now? I like the choice of name though. Are you by any chance hoping that this name might gain you some respect? :p

25. macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Oh damn, that was funny! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.