Mr. Don "Jesus" Dwyer gets a front page spread in my local paper...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iGary, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Guest

iGary

Link

2. macrumors regular

So do you hate him because he's a Christian? If not, what point are you trying to make?

3. macrumors 68040

mactastic

He dislikes him because he is against equal rights. What was your point? That iGary hates Christians?

4. macrumors regular

I'll let all of your posts speak for themselves.

5. macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Actually, you seem to be trying to speak for our posts.

6. macrumors 68020

iGary started several threads on Dwyer. Browse through the forum and you'll see his point.

7. thread starter Guest

iGary

I dislike him because he pushes his own religious agenda versus sticking to the basic needs of this state. If he's a Christian, then I wouldn't want him being my spokesperson for the religion.

That and he wil fight for the rights of certain people of this state and not others. Sorry, he is supposed to represent all of his constituents.

8. macrumors regular

That's simply not the way the poitical system works. He declares his stances and it's up to the people to decided whether they will elect him or another to represent them. In this case they chose him. If they don't like what he's doing they'll replace him. If they do he'll continue in his work. If the people TRULY don't believe in what he's doing they're free to circulate a petition and if enough people sign it it can become an issue on the next ballot. Why don't you start one? That's within your rights to do and you'll be fighting for something you believe in.

9. thread starter Guest

iGary

In your world.

10. macrumors regular

Gary, take any 100 level college course on government and you'll understand it better. One hour investment, twice a week and you'll have more understanding of the society in which you live. It's not a bad deal.

11. macrumors 68020

miloblithe

You know, "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend," not snide remarks.

12. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Ugg

Politicians are to represent ALL the people within their district, not simply the ones who profess the same faith or the ones that elected him.

13. thread starter Guest

iGary

Would you care to actually debate the point, or try to insult my intelligence?

By the way, snide remarks are the first sign you have no retort.

14. macrumors regular

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...ove&field-keywords=american government&page=1

this is my retort. I'm trying to help you understand that you're wrong about your assertions and it's all in these books. Pick anyone you like.

By the way how exactly does one serve ALL of the people if there is such a thing as differing viewpoints? You can't support gay marriage and not at the same time. It's one or the other.

15. thread starter Guest

iGary

Welcome to ignoreland! :D

16. macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

IT's not WHITE OR BLACK. This is where you're wrong. There si a fine Gray line that a politician should travel. Sure, he may not be for Gay marriage, but he should be TRYING to at least come to an ammicable solution for both parties, if nothing else.

Just because someone is a democrat doesn't mean they are for banning our constitutional right to bare arms, like a stereotypical dem. And just because someone is a republican doesn't make them a bible-humping everyone-else-is-wrong-finger-pointing freak. Grey areas my friend. Grey areas.

The point is that iGary, in his numerous threads has shined a spotlight on this guy's true motives, motives which he did not make clear until recently. His very.

17. macrumors regular

And what motives might those be Oni? What's more, how is it any different aside from the perspective I present than anything else on here?

18. macrumors G4

skunk

Which post are you responding to? :confused:

19. macrumors regular

Look up from where my post is. See Onizuka there?

20. macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

What a ****ing troll.

Ever hear of the Constitution? It's got rules in it that overrule the representative majority rule. You're the one who needs to get an education. Or maybe just get your money back.

You just made my ignore list also. Life's too short to waste time with the likes of you.

21. macrumors G4

skunk

Your post makes little sense.

No change there, then...

22. macrumors 601

zimv20

i love irony. the same guy who cried foul when his fellow students and teachers mocked him is now recommending that system.

and just for you, p'brit: steelers!!

23. macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Woooo!! Go Steelers!! Wooo! Yeahhh!! You think it's snowing like this in Seattle right now? **** no!! **** Seattle!!!

I lost my voice last night in the snow on Carson St. I was just starting to sober up. I've never seen so many people pumped up so much in one place before. Absolutely fantastic.

24. macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

His motives? To play the God's advocate and deny Gay marriage out right, because its what the bible tells him to do.

This very country was founded to escape religious oppression. Is this man not going against that very principle? Is he not forcing a religious view onto his people? I think so. And this is part of what iGary is trying to bring to our attention.

edit: DAMMIT! he's been banned, therefor my post is rendered limp! :(

25. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Ugg

Yeah, it's pretty ironic when you think about it. Too bad more christian extremists refuse to study history.

He's sure good at getting banned, I wonder if it will be permanent this time. i was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt the second time around but he obviously wasn't here for serious debate.