Mr. Dwyer and Me...Part 3

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iGary, Feb 24, 2006.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

[​IMG][​IMG]

By THE CAPITAL EDITORIAL BOARD

It is one thing for Del. Don Dwyer to crusade for a constitutional amendment against gay marriage. He has every right to do so.

It's quite another for him to propose that a judge be removed for making a ruling he didn't like. The Glen Burnie Republican is abusing his position by bushwhacking an impartial judge who was simply interpreting the law to the best of her ability - and not taking a position on same-sex marriage, as Mr. Dwyer and his posse seem to believe.

Baltimore Circuit Court Judge M. Brooke Murdock recently ruled that the current state law banning gay marriage is unconstitutional, thus setting off a demand by Mr. Dwyer and other legislators for a constitutional amendment.

Now Mr. Dwyer has drafted a resolution saying that the judge violated her oath of office by usurping the will of the General Assembly.

We don't like Judge Murdock's ruling either, but the "address" process - similar to impeachment - is there to remove judges for misconduct, not because legislators dislike their rulings. A legislator's job is to change the law - not change the judges.

We're sure Mr. Dwyer, who purports to be a defender of the state constitution, knows this - as he knows that the resolution has no chance. This is pure grandstanding at the expense of a judge who was only doing her job.

He's completely lost his mind, I think.

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

He is off his rocker, the repercussions of this will be huge and he'll pay a huge price for it.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I still thik he looks like a slestack (sp?). Or maybe he's a Cylon agent. :)

4. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Sleestak™ added just for you.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Are you still keeping score? If so what's the score?

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This is what happens when one man have too much power....abuse it.

Bless

7. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

Every time I see that photo it reminds me why we don't allow people to marry their cousins. :eek: And, yes, he has lost his mind.

8. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

It is 1-0 because his bill for a gay marriage ban failed. This will fail, too and it will be 2-0, I'm sure. :D

9. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Well, there's always the option of abducting him, putting him in a burlap sack and beating him with sticks until he admits to being a Satan Worshiping Nazi...

10. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

11. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Gary, Gary, Gary.....I'm ashamed of you. Everybody in Maryland (ok, people in MD who care about MD politics), Republican and Democrat alike, knows that the man is insane. Crap just naturally comes out of his mouth. Honestly, as soon as I saw "Don Dwyer" I stopped reading the article. I don't know what it is about, and nor do I care. But you should understand just as well as I that the only people we can blame are the people of Glen Burnie (I actually thought about moving there just so I could run against him). The man keeps getting reelected, and keeps mouthing off....

12. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I bet you could get a mold of the mother****ers and sell them as part of a halloween costume.

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I won't lie to ya'll be he looks retarded(no disrepect to the people that are challenged)

Hillbilly...eh yaw!!!

Bless