MR Forum styles

Discussion in 'Community' started by mmmdreg, Jun 13, 2003.

1. macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

Lol I only just realised there was also a MacOSX style for these forums. Which one do you use? This is kinda confusing but. There seems to be a lack of a link back to macrumors.com but only to the index of the forums.

2. macrumors 65816

I tried out the Mac OS X style sheet but in the end changed back to the default after problems with the forums.

It was okay for a while, but it had to load additional images which I didn't think was necessary.

3. macrumors G4

OSX. Its so pretty!

And that is one trippy 'tar Wardofsky...

4. macrumors 65816

Thanks, I had a few but I had to resize them, each 2 pixels over the limit.

5. macrumors 68000

Freg3000

I have used the OS X theme since the beginning. The old style seems so weird to me when I check forums at MacRumors from a different computer.

6. macrumors 603

The OS X theme is pretty, compared to the cold and unstylish vB implantation. :rolleyes:

I've used the OS X theme for about 6 months.

7. macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

I had to switch back to the default after I lost my cable service, everythin was taking so damn long to load. Now it's very fast (for a page of any type on dial-up), and I have since become used to it.

8. macrumors newbie

Much nicer, didn't know that was there.

9. macrumors 603

shadowfax

i can't stand that purple one. it looks so ugly to me. i have used the OS X theme since i found it, just days after i signed up for the forum. that was like 9 months ago, i guess.

10. macrumors 6502

ahhh!!! i didnt know it was there either.
    its nice looking.

11. macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

Ah, this is much better. I never noticed the option either. Thanks mmmdreg.

12. macrumors 6502

Yeah the purple is a little, well, too purple for me. Have you guys seen http://www.ipodlounge.com's forums?

Same bullentin board (vBulletin) as here. They did an excellent job on the colors/fonts. Very easy on the eyes!

13. macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Ever since vniow posted a screenshot of the forums using the OS X style about 5, 6 months back, I've been using it. I was like, 'Hey, how'd you do that vniow? Unless the forums has another style...' and lo and behold I went to the options and there it was.

irmongoose

14. macrumors 604

scem0

I agree. I think the whole site needs a make-over though. Its the (pretty much) exact same as when it was founded.

[​IMG]

15. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

yeah i use the purple because its easy....too lazy to change it and the osx wasn't that great imo. I asked Arn about it and he said maybe in a future version users might be able to have more options.... that would be a great contest design a forum layout for an avatar...