Mr. Tomato video

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by edgecurve, Mar 5, 2002.

1. edgecurve macrumors newbie

If you have some time to kill (15 seconds) some of you may enjoy this somewhat immature video....Introducing, the one and only, Mr. Tomato. Enjoy!

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

that was....uh....

that was kindy nasty....

but I got a kick out of it anyway! :p

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

edgecurve, this is supposed to be a Mac forum discussion site. What the . . . was that supposed to be?

I know you may be a freshman here, but at least keep the topic discussion, sanity, and for Pete sake, your common sense on the subjects of Macs.

I see no purpose in continuing this forum. For anyone who wants to comment on how absolutely inferior, stomach-turning, uneducational and unsanitary that clip was, remember, it's on edgecurve's hands.

Just don't think of it literally!

4. dualburn001 macrumors regular

calm down!
    if you think about it that video does have something to do with a mac, It was edited and published on amac , and then edgecurve is showing the final project of his working on a mac. So in conclusion this has alot more than you think, to do with a mac.

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

Re: Calm down...

Although I appreciate any video personally brought up by a Mac (wise decision) I really don't see this Tomato character to be suitable for these discussions. It's more like a South Park commercial.

6. edgecurve thread starter macrumors newbie

King Cobra, my apologies. dualburn001, thanks for sticking up for me. Perhaps I should have prefaced the juvenile nature of this video more clearly. If you were offended by the "south park" nature of the video I'm sorry. Most people enjoy it.

Yes, the video was made on a Mac, with iMovie. It was a lot of fun. And since this is the "general" discussion board, its appropriateness on is up to individual readers rather than a set topic.

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

Re: Apologies and Second Chances.

It's cool. You are new at this, and so am I. I'm not offended by it as much as you think. It is just that I get rather grossed out easily by anyone or anything that had . . . you know.

And I overreacted too, in my previous posts.

It is no big deal. You should get a second chance. Everyone should, except Bill Gates.

8. edgecurve thread starter macrumors newbie

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

10. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

you're in it...

11. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

Maybe not for pointless posts, but it would be cool to have a thread where people can show off stuff they've made on their macs, like Mr. Tomato (which, by the way, I found to be hilarious, although I liked the original on your site better :)).

12. davidc2182 macrumors regular

tomatoes rule!

I also thought it was hilarious!

13. mywar2000 macrumors member

I just want to add my two "pointless" cents!

I hate tomatoes! That vid ruled!

14. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

I got a kick out of it. Wasnt more then stupid humor, but stupid humor is funny. I'm gonna go eat some ketchup...

15. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

16. Xapplimatic macrumors 6502

Xapplimatic

Thumbs up.. I thought it was pretty creative although it probably wouldn't win the MacNN video contest.. :)

17. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Not bad, verrrrry disturbing, I liked it, I guess, maybe there's a deeper psychological meaning to it. Some deep like to society. A subliminal message meant to warn us all of eminate distruction. Maybe it's a protest against prejudice, violence, and distruction. Could it be a plea to tomato farmers? Not a phychologist, haven't taken any phychology courses. Currently reading Catch-22 though, and it's a fairly disturbed book, kinda makes you think, and then laugh, and then be frightened for mankind. But I digress.