MS Bluetooth Mouse

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by powermac, Mar 23, 2004.

1. powermac macrumors newbie

OK the Microsoft Wireless Intellipoint Mouse for Bluetooth is an excellent mouse, however I have 2 problems:

1.) It goes to sleep after around 3 minutes of inactivity, and only wakes up when you press a mouse button. Does anyone know of a way to make this sleep time longer or change it to where you just move the mouse and it wakes up?

2.) The first 3 buttons (left, scroll, right) work great, however the last two don't seem to work when I customize their properties. I've tried the MS software and USB Overdrive, but neither did the trick. Any suggestions?

2. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

1 Have the same on mine, you can't change it (maybe you can when you use it on a pc first and use the ms software, but I don't know

2 you can assign Expose to the other buttons, but nothing else, its the same with the logitech BT mouse and others, only Expose, and you can add this functions in the expose setup... no one makes a util for mac for those mice...

sh*t happens...

J

3. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

http://www.carvware.com/

i heard that the game-pad companion will be able to assign them i haven't tried it but am looking in buying the logitech mx900

4. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

then wait a bit..1st april is coming..and the much awaited macmice mouse would finally be here...
    cheers

5. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

It should do this already - mine does. The main problem is there's a 3-4 second lag involved between the time when you move the mouse and when it actually starts controlling the cursor again.

6. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

it's from microsoft and there's a problem with customization (especially on the Mac)?! What a surprise...

7. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

indeed no surprise, the surprise is that the logitech BT mouse has the same problem... and the non-BT MS mice can be configured

I used this game-pad thingie, but it doesn't do the trick I want because I can't select DoubleClick wich is the function I lack the most...

for the rest I assigned one button to hide application because you can record keystokes

and the wheelbutton is now allso button1 just normal click... (but I wanted that one to be DoubleClick, but there is no chance on doing that)

8. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

will that mouse have more than 3 buttons?