1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

MS broabband networking products

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by aafuss1, Sep 16, 2002.

1. macrumors 68000

aafuss1

2. macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

Microsoft usually makes awesome hardware, and this should really be no different. I just hope they don't end up handicapping themselves with the software bloat they are beginning to put on things like drivers.

3. macrumors regular

eeewwww innovation.....yeah right! Do they make mouse pads yet? Oh, and what ever happened to the MS cordless phone?

4. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

maybe i'm missing something, but i don't see the point. several vendors already produce these things, in some cases dozens of vendors... if they could offer a CHEAP ethernet to USB adaptor it would be cool, but then, most computers with usb would already have ethernet? i don't think MS needs to get into the wireless market, lest they try and revamp things with their own "standard"... if i was going to buy a wireless router you can bet it would be from a *reliable* company...

which brings me to this: apple should make an Airport Base with five ethernet ports, a small network router for those who don't want to go the external router / hub & software router ways... it'd be cool... well, maybe they don't need to make one either, but at least it'd be interesting looking...

:)
    pnw