MS Exec: "PC is the hub of the digital lifestyle"

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by sigamy, Dec 10, 2003.

1. sigamy macrumors 65816

Mar 7, 2003
    NJ USA
    M$ is at it these people EVER have an original idea?

CNet article on Xbox vs. PS2:

Microsoft, not surprisingly, views the PC as the logical centerpiece for any digital entertainment experience. "We look at it as the PC being the hub of the digital lifestyle, and it's great for that," said Cameron Ferroni, general manager of Microsoft's Xbox Live online service. "It's got tons of storage. It's very flexible."

full article:
  2. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    pretty funny. when will they copy the iApps? macs really are a "hub" for digital lifestyle because of the iApps...
  3. hulugu macrumors 68000

Aug 13, 2003
    the faraway towns

Does anyone even quote MS employees? They always say something full of half-truths, the Xbox is not flexible, it just plays games, unless you get a mod chip, but wait MS doesn't like that. And yes, it also plays DVD/CDs, that's quite impressive. I can't think of anything else that does that.
    Oh wait, it's called a Playstation 2. Or my Powerbook.
    Digital hub, thanks for proving Apple's idea is a good one, MS is ready to steal it.

Can any pro-MS people tell me 5 things MS has invented or pushed into modern computing.
  4. Lain.v2 macrumors newbie

Nov 6, 2003
    Re: Why?

Depending on whats important to you... but I think that its not who invents that counts, its the one who tells the most people about it that counts... I also think that it sucks.:mad: