MS "forcing" devs to charge for DLC/XBLA?

Discussion in 'Games' started by giganten, Mar 26, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

I was looking on teamxbox's forum and did find this. http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=515355&highlight=no+free+downloads

Not good if this is true, I hope it is just some bad rumor.

2. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Maybe it is...MS likes money just like everyone else and if they can milk the cow you best believe they will suck it dry and offer us 2% milk..:confused:

Bless

3. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

they don't get a penny of my money for DLC....

4. macrumors 6502

Um, okay, so then why can you download new clothes for Dead Rising for free?

5. macrumors Core

Dagless

Clothes are nothing, but new level content etc just opens up replayability.

6. macrumors regular

I wouldn't play for downloadable content. Ever. I already pay for the ability to download that stuff.

If the 360's best games all are really great with downloadable content that I'd have to pay extra for, I will just stop buying the games.

7. macrumors regular

If a game feels unfinished without the downloadable content, then I'd be upset. However, if the downloadable content is a significant addition of -new- content, then I don't see much difference between that and a sequel, spinoff, or expansion. It's just downloadable, instead of in a box at the store. Hooray for convenience!

However, if you're paying for XBox Live already, then I can see why you'd be upset that you have to pay more to get some extra content.

8. macrumors Core

Dagless

As an incentive for Live they really should offer downloads either free or at a discount for Gold members. I know in the case of "extra clothes" it pretty much is raw profit, but cummon MS and co :p