ms+hp = mac?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by bellboy, May 7, 2003.

1. bellboy macrumors member

2. toughboy macrumors 6502a

toughboy

As a 8 years windows user, all I'm gonna say is

f**k micro$oft, they keep doing that ripping stuff..
    I'm just curious about when apple will say something?!?!

3. evilsprung macrumors member

Well it was expected. And you can't blame microsoft soley or maybe you can since they're doing it to a full blown pc. But other companies have been trying to rip off Apple's aesthetics before this so it's nothing new. The sad thing is that this is the way business works and stealing is easier AND more profitable.
    I doubt Apple's gonna gripe about this. Besides the well educated consumer will still be able to tell teh difference, the "dummer" ones.....maybe not.

4. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

But Apple will still be Apple...

The more people who copy them just makes me think Apple is even better.

5. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

anyway, rarely is a copy better than the original. i wouldn't worry.

6. acj macrumors 6502

not copies, improvements

The shuttle cubes are so fast, reliable, upgradable and inexpensive. I think they are better than the original.

7. VIREBEL661 macrumors regular

Microsoft Does It Yet Again!

AAAHHHH MANNNN.... WHAT A DRAG... ONE thing I never understood about the PC industry is that 6 months (or, 1-2 years?) after Apple does something, HP and M$ (in this case) release the SAME DAMN THING, except buggier, less efficient, uglier, etc., and announce it as a real 'breakthrough'.... Jeeeeesh.... And all the commies (not intended to offend any communists out there ':rolleyes:') who write articles on this stuff (with regards to the 'longhorn' article) don't even bother to mention where the ideas or actual technology came from! Next thing, you'll see it on the news or something, 'the next big thing from microsloth' or whatever... But then again, what choice do they have? Windoze is, as always, playing catchup in th OS dept!

Sorry guys, just venting, seriuosly! :D

8. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

It makes the arguemnts easier:

pc user: Macs suck!
    me: Then why are you using a Mac rip-off?

If the pc world thinks Macs are stupid, or no one uses them, or that they are inferior, why do they continuously rip off their designs?

A few months ago Toshiba released the new DynaBooks. They looked so much like iBooks it was disgusting.

Apple will lead, the rest of the numbnuts' will follow. Same as before.

Deep down billy-boy knows he'll never be able to inovate. I take comfort knowing that he's always one step behind Apple, that his OS sucks, and that he knows the whole world hates him.:p

9. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Here's another article: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/computing/20030505-1355-ca-futurepc.html

If I may quote a few passages:

Uhh, isn't windows itself just "slammed together" or are you referring to my head hitting the monitor after botting XP and me attempting suicide?

Something that has escaped the WINDOWS world, yes. My Mac is plenty friendly to me;)
    And if M$ build hardware, it would suck as much as their OS, we all know that.

M$ and security in the same sentence? That's a laugh. Or is there an in- in front of secure?
    Where do you usually find horns? On BULLs .. as in BULL**** :p

Too bad the OS won't shrink, or the price. Or M$ for that matter.

I don't know about you, but I find this article quite amusing. Assuming all this wonderful technology
    actually works as they are toting it, maybe I'd be worried.

10. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

The iLoo

Ripping off hardware ideas isn't enough for Microsoft. Now they have a product called the iLoo. Lowercase i followed by a capital letter. I wonder who else uses that idea.