MS making an iPod Killer???

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Jo-Kun, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2003
    I read on that MS want's to make an iPod Killer

the downside off course will be its size, probably allso not compatible with Mac, and it doens't have QT playback embedded (typical) but it would be an audio/video player...

so maybe its time for apple to start working on a video ipod, a little larger than a normal iPod, because of the screen... but I think they can make it smaller than the rumors I read about this MS player...

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    video iPod wouldn't automatically be an iPod killer. more features do no necessarily mean it's better if they come at an expense of loss of functionality from the original purpose, i.e. iPod as a music player. if it's physically bigger - no. if the battery life suffers - no. etc.

a camera/palm cell phone won't be better than a regular phone if it doesn't function well as a phone first and foremost... so an iPod killer must be a better portable music device than an iPod first - and if it has more features than an iPod, those are a bonus.

because M$ is just looking to ride the coat tail of portable music player success without really thinking about what it is that makes portable music players good (like they do with many of their products), i highly doubt that they will succeed. they may, however, buy out an innovative company who comes up with one, though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.