MS Money for Mac - Importing my PC files.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TexBiker, Apr 28, 2006.

1. TexBiker macrumors newbie

Tonight I ordered a new iMac to replace my old Wintel box since I want a more user friendly machine for video/photo/music processing and editing. However, I have all of my personal financial information stored in MS Money. If I install the Mac version of Money on my iMac, is it possible to import my current backup file from the Windows version?

I'll start over from scratch if I have to, but I really don't want to take that route. I'd rather install XP on the Mac and duel boot...even if XP existed only for that one purpose, it would be much less time consuming than re-entering all my banking/investment info.

Thanks for any info. I've already learned quite a bit from this forum.

2. besler3035 macrumors 6502

3. TexBiker thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, well that's what I get for believing the salesperson at CompUSA and not doing my own research. :mad:

Looks like I'll be installing XP afterall.

Thanks for the reply.

4. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

is quicken compatible with money?
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, dont insall windoze!

5. TexBiker thread starter macrumors newbie

Not really...I could import some of my MS Money data to Quicken for Windows, but importing Quicken info between the PC and Mac platforms is an exercise in futility. The Quicken forums over at Intuit are full of horror stories on this subject.

Plus, several of my financial institions only support Money, not Quicken, so that's not a practical option for me, anyway.

One of the reasons I finally broke down and bought an Intel Mac was the ability to dual boot between OS X and XP in case I ran into compatibility issues such as this.

6. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

It may be easier to use virtualizer software such as Parallels if you need to use Money.
    http://parallels.com

You could try Wine too, but I doubt it'd work.

Steve