MS Office 2004 help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dorqiekat, Jul 12, 2006.

1. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

Is there any way to change the margins of the page to 1 inch without having to change it each time? Sometimes I forget and it sets me behind while writing papers. (It gives me the false sense that I'm almost done :() I know that you can change it, but the two options "whole document" and "this point forward" are both only for that one document. Once I open a new paper, the margins are set at 1.25 again.

help?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Open the Normal template (I've forgotten where it is, Spotlight for it) and change it there.

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Or...

A. After you change your current document to the desired margins, you can then tell word to save as the Default. It will ask if you want to replace the Normal template. You click okay. From that point, when you open a new blank normal document you will get the same margins.

B. Open up a document that has the formatting that you want. Save as the new document name. Delete the text. Then type what you want.

4. dorqiekat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, it worked! I can't believe I waited so long to ask, it could have ended a lot of frustrations!

..it was so easy :p

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I knew you could do something like that somewhere :) but I don't have Word on here so I couldn't check.

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

To be honest, I had to open Word to double check how to do it.