MS Office - Crash When Opening Files?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dpaanlka, Oct 22, 2006.

1. dpaanlka macrumors 601

Nov 16, 2004
    My friend's Intel iMac has Office 2004 on it, and suddenly the last few days it cannot open any files, or create any new files. It just unexpectedly quits on her.

I had her repair permissions but that didn't do anything.

Any ideas? I'm not keen on Office anymore, I've been using iWork for about a year now.
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Does she still have the trial version installed or even just in the Trash? Does she have Flip4Mac + DivX + 3ivX installed? Are any of the Office apps working? :)
  3. Munntendo macrumors newbie

Jan 4, 2005
    I've been having the same problem on my PB G4. Ever since I installed the 10.4.8 update I can't open Office 2004 without having it crash within a second or two.
  4. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    All of my Macs are now running 10.4.8. So far, I have not experienced any crashing or stability problem with Office 2004. I am actually using it now (Excel) for my business report.

Have you updated your Office 2004? It should come with the updater as part of the suite.
  5. Munntendo macrumors newbie

Jan 4, 2005
    Well, it seems I'm actually running MS Office X and not Office 2004. I updated to the most recent version of Office and for a while I could open and edit word files files again. But now its acting up once more. I still can't open or create documents in Word. Its weird.