MS Office help needed

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jamescwarren, Jun 15, 2006.

1. jamescwarren macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

Hi. I am just getting used to MS Office 2004: Mac and was wondering how I can; and I know this sounds stupid, but how do I move a picture in a Word document? I drag a picture in and then try and move it but it just stays where it was in 1st place. How can I move pictures? Cos' I need to for a school projet. Thanks for any speedy replies!:)

2. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

you probabaly have black squares on the corners of the pic and that limits movement to within where text is... click on the pic to highlight it, then find 'text wrapping' on the picture palette then choose 'edit wrap points.' This should give you white squares instead and now you should be able to move the pic anywhere.

3. jamescwarren thread starter macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

Thanks but the outside parts are white already and still doesn't work.

4. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Pictures tend to be a pain in Word. Sometimes I insert the picture into a textbox and then move the textbox around were I want it...it's a pain I know.

Anyone have anymore suggestions?

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

In word 2001: select format -- picture. Then change "wrapping style" to "square." I think it's about the same in 2004.

6. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Right click on the picture >> Format Picture (the bottom option) >> Than click on the layout tab >> Fianlly, select tight (text will go on either side of the graphic) or in front of text (which will put the picture on the top layer-if you want to see text you'll have to press the return key a whole whack of times).

7. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

Word doesn’t deal well with pictures.

There are a few ways to do this. Sometimes it is best, as noted above, to paste a picture into a box and move it around, but it isn't necessary.

Select the picture you just pasted.
    Context click (right-click or ctrl-click for most)
    Select Format Picture from the context menu.
    Text wrapping -->In front of text

As far as anchors go, MS word uses a few different ones. In the method your using, the insert point is relative to the insert point (that's why your picture will move if you insert carriage returns at the top of a page).