MS Office Install Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Guitarius, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

Okay, along with Tiger, I decided to go ahead and get MS Office 2004. I installed Tiger, then stuck went to install Office. I stuck the cd in and it took a good 10 minutes just to come up, and read the disk and stuff. I click on the Set Up Assist thing, and it tries to start Classic. I didn't keep going after that. Is that what it's supposed to do, or should I just try to drag and drop the stuff?

2. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

When I installed Office 2004 I used the installer and it worked well, but I put it on when I still had Panther on, so I don't know how it works with Tiger, but it should be the same. Drag and Drop will work just as well as the installer however, so you could just go that route.

3. Guitarius thread starter macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

Okay...so I just tried to drag and drop, and they didn't even work. I'm really rather pissed right now. It won't even let me eject the ****ing disk out of my computer. It just sits there grinding. In it's constant rythmic pattern. Taunting me. Pissing me off. I'm about ready to smash my ****ing laptop against the wall.

Alright. Screw it. I give up for tonight. I'm going to bed and worrying about it in the morning. I'll try to install it again, and call Tech Support if all else fails. I have so little patience. Especially with Microsoft.

I can hear my stepfather already..."I told you not to get a Mac, you moron. But did you listen to me? Nope. That's okay. You learned on your own, with your own money." Urg.

And go see Hitchiker's Guide everyone. It was good stuff. :D