MS Office Licenses

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AtHomeBoy_2000, Jun 14, 2005.

1. AtHomeBoy_2000 macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

I work for a church that has all PCs. I am working on a proposal to convert us over to Macs over the next 3 years. My question is about MS Office 2004 Licenses. We have licenses for all our computers. If we switch to Mac, is it safe to assume that we would have to by new Mac licenses? or can we just use the old ones for the new computers?

(as you can tell, i know nothing about this. So if I sound stupid, please forgive me.)

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

You would need new licenses as they are two different pieces of Software. There is no Office 2004 for Windows, only for Mac. Likewise there is no Office 2003 for Mac, only Windows.

3. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

if it's a church you might want to call microsoft sales and see about discounts on software. possibly even donated software. i'd assume all churches are nonprofit... they may help in that situation

it might be rather obvious i'm not a church goer so i am not sure if churches are non-profit or not.. beyond my realm of knowledge. would be worth giving them a call though.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You might try the Student and Teachers Office Bundle. It does not include Virtual PC, but the other apps are the same as the Standard bundle at a significant discount. It comes with a three-computer license.

5. blehpunk macrumors regular

you do have to get new liscenses for everything. i have an extra office 2003 for pc liscense that im not going to use and couldnt "trade it in" for a 2004 mac one. that said, 501c3's can get donated software from microsoft for very cheap at www.techsoup.com i am not sure about the rules for churches, generally they are not included, but if you do have a 501c3 arm (say a service like food bank or shelter) you can purchase through there.

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

is this for real? have you used it? If it is real this is awsome because our school could get things really cheap!