MS Office Product Keys Don't Work

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Guitarius, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

I got MS Office 2004, Student/Teacher Ed. I was installing yesterday, and it didn't work at all. I came back to it this morning, and the installer worked. The problem now is that none of the three product keys work. I'm getting close to calling Tech Support, but apparently they charge after two calls, so I want to save them if at all possible. Any help from you guys?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

My keys worked without trouble. Couple of quick questions...how did you install? If you're having a lot of trouble, try the drag and drop install instead of the installer. You will still get the request to register when you first run any one of the apps. Also, are you capitalizing letters? Try to see if there are any zeros and Os that could be mistaken for each other?

3. Guitarius thread starter macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

For some reason, unknown to me, I tried it again and it worked like a charm. No more hassle. I'll never figure out Microsoft. If they really want people to keep buying their stuff, they need to make it less of a hassle, and less stressful. I was about to have a heartattack going through the trouble of returning it.

4. Drum macrumors newbie

Drum

You could say that about Apple and Tiger!

5. SteveC macrumors 6502

HOW? Installation of Tiger is so easy it's unbelievable, and there's no activation needed. How can you even draw a comparison? *slap on the head* ;)