MS Office update question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by absolut_mac, Aug 1, 2004.

1. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

I recall reading earlier in the year that those that bought MS Office for Mac after January 6th (or thereabout) would be eligible for a free upgrade when Office 2004 became available.

1) What do I need to do to take MS up on this upgrade offer?

2) Is the free upgrade available for both the full and *Student and Teacher Edition*, or is the latter version excluded from this offer?

3) When does the upgrade offer expire?

TIA :)

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...when in doubt, go right to the horse's mouth - between that page and PDF file on it all your questions should be answered....oh yeah!

3. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

I already have Office XP for my PC and I want to buy Office for my Mac but there doesn't seem to be any cross-grade discount. I am so sad. No Aqua Office for me. Surely with all the switchers they could do a discount?

4. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

You can always go with the Student & Teacher edition for $149. Even though they're technically for only those groups, anyone can buy it even without a student/teacher ID. I think MS does it that way because it helps make their Office sales numbers look good and they're still making tons of money anyway so they don't really care.

5. absolut_mac thread starter macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Thanks for the link. Much appreciated :)