MS Office updates?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KevRC4130, Sep 28, 2005.

1. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

Jul 1, 2004
    I'm just wondering when the new MS Office is being released. I hear that there is a new one on the way, and it will include Access. I'm thinking about buying Office, because I need it ASAP, but I can probably wait if the release is in the very near future. Anybody know?

2. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

Mar 21, 2003
    I don't believe that we will be seeing a new version of Office for Mac until after the Intel transition is underway. If you NEED Access, then the Windows version is the only way to go for a little while.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    The next Office won't appear until after Office 12 for Windows. By the way, where did you hear about Access being released for Mac?
  4. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Apr 18, 2005
    I am pretty sure its at least 6 months away if not longer i think it is called MS 12? do a google search for expected release dates?
  5. Maedus macrumors regular

Dec 4, 2004
    You could pick up an older copy off ebay to hold you over until the next office comes out. I haven't really noticed much difference between v.X (or whatever it was called) and 2004. But then again, I don't use it for anything besides writing up essays for college and stories for myself.
  6. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    There's a lot of news all over about Office 12 (for Windows). I think it's supposed to be out next year. I kind of think we'll see Office 12 for Mac in 2007 (with extra features compared to Windows).