MS-Office User Data in "Documents"

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Karlchen, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Karlchen macrumors member

Hi everyone...

stupid MS Office and Acrobat are putting a Folder with "User Data" in my "Documents"-Folder every time I start one of their programms. Found no way to hide them or to move them.. next time I open MS Word X... its back where I dont want it...

Anyone know a way around that ?
    I like my Documents-Folder neat and organized...

Thanx
    ________
    just for the record: first post of mr-newbie...
    proud owner of a PB Al 15...
    it rocks !!!!
    _______

2. Riot_Mac macrumors regular

so do i. i am interested if you can move those two folders. sorry i cant help you.

3. Karlchen thread starter macrumors member

RiotMac, thanx for the reply... seems like we are somewhat left alone with our problem... probably noone here that can solve it. What a pitty!

4. huntsman macrumors member

I had this problem in Windows XP... apps would keep recreating the bloody "My Pictures", "My Music", and "My Everything Else" folders that I didn't want anything to do with. Then in GNU/Linux, it was the "evolution" folder that insisted on being visible in my home directory. And now I have the same problem in Mac OS X with its "Music", "Pictures", and "Movies" folders.

I think the last time I had a nice clean home directory that I felt in control of was when I used Windows 95, or perhaps DOS 6.0/Win 3.1 before that.

5. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

It's trying to instill some tidyness and for some people it's a good thing. If it iritates you it sucks that it seems to want to control you...