MS Outlook Exchange to Mail, how?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by n8236, Jan 19, 2007.

1. n8236 macrumors 65816

Because I am a stickler to how I handle my emails, I want them all to be at one central place.

I use Mail for all my email purposes and like to converge my company emails to it. But I am having issues connecting to company mail server. We use MS Outlook Exchange and I copied down the private server go through.

I tried to to add an Exchange email account, but it wasn't connecting. I don't know what other pieces of information I'm missing. I have the private server's name, my user name, and password. Mail asks for incoming and outgoing server names and I didn't see anything else when I dug into Outlook on my work laptop.

I have the ability to check emails via web on Outlook Exchange Web Access, but I don't prefer to use it due to flexibility. Is it possible that the mail server is internal that only internal computers can have access to them? If that's the case, that's sucky for people who need to work outside their office.

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It's possible...that's how my university's IT dept has their Exchange servers setup, you either have to be on campus ethernet or wireless, or if off campus, VPN in.