Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
I have all my accounts set to IMAP, that way all my sent folders etc are synced with my iphone... I have been having a problem for a while, where.. when I send something from my mac.. and only my mac... multiple copies will be sent out..usually 2 copies show up in sent folder and for some accounts and one instance it was more than that. It seems to happen across multiple accounts. so I do not think it is gotta do with the email hosts.. I have accounts on hotmail doing this.. accounts from zoho doing the same thing...

I have no idea where to start looking for the problem. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks !

MLinneer

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2013
Sherman, TX
This is because your server is autosaving sent messages in the Sent folder, and Outlook is saving it's own copy as well. In the IMAP account settings, open the Advanced tab and set up as shown below. These are recommended setting for Gmail but I use the same on Outlook.com and my ISP account.

Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 12.39.52 PM.png

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
Thank you for responding but it is not only that I see 2 copies but, 2 emails are actually sent, I know this because a lot of times I receive 2 acknowledgment emails back

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.