Ms Publisher Alternative For The Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Burritt, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Burritt macrumors newbie

I have had a new MAC for about a year and have worked fine with MS software on the MAC platform....however, I had done several graphic designs on MS Publisher that I have now lost (except for them as pictures) on the MAC. So is there a MAC program that can do the same tasks as Publisher....and better yet can the Publisher files I have be converted to MAC compatible files for editing on my MAC?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chase

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Welcome to the boards, Chase. First, be prepared to be razzed for saying MAC instead of Mac.

I'm a MS Office for Mac user. I never worked with Publisher much, though. However, I've found Apple's Pages to be a good, multi-use tool for publishing documents.

3. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

As iSaint said, it's Mac (for Macintosh) not MAC (Media Access Control).

Probably the closest you'll come to Publisher is Desktop Publisher Pro (formerly MacPublisher). As far as I know, though, there is nothing other than MS Publisher that will open Publisher files - not on a PC or a Mac. You can also do a lot of DTP with Pages part of iWork. There may be a 30-day trial that came with your new Mac. The trial has been included with new Macs since mid-2005 & is included with retail boxes of Tiger & iLife '06.

4. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

You'll find most printers and graphic designers don't use MS Publisher. It's really meant for quicky signs for office parties, etc.

Most designers will use InDesign, Quark or old Pagemaker.

5. Burritt thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry about the MAC vs. Mac...I'm learning. Will look-up InDesign and Quark and see what I have in Works as well. Thanks for the info.

Chase

6. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I don't think there is an app that will convert MS publisher documents to Mac. If you need a document to look identical to your MS publisher document, you may need to keep an old PC around, or run boot camp or parallels on your Mac. Otherwise, I think you'll find most of the suggested apps are actually superior to MS publisher, and you can create nicer looking documents easier.

In my view, Pages comes the closest to Publisher's functionality, with templates designed for quick, attractive documents. But the apple "look" is very different from Microsoft.

7. crozbomb macrumors newbie

any updates to this question at this point in the future?
    i have a poster to design and i see for the office 2013 trial you need a credit card(bs).

8. prisstratton macrumors 6502

prisstratton

I found this link on the LifeHacker web site:

http://www.getcreditcardnumbers.com

Give it a try.........

9. crozbomb macrumors newbie

10. prisstratton macrumors 6502

prisstratton