MS Remote Desktop for Mac problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NewMacMan, Nov 14, 2004.

1. NewMacMan macrumors newbie

I've been using microsoft remote desktop connection for PC for years successfully. (I first connect to the VPN via Check Point VPN-1 Secure Client. I connect to my work XP Professional PC.

I am trying to connect using the same theory from my new Mac. I downloaded the Check Point software for Mac and it connects fine. I downloaded Remote Desktop software for the Mac from MS. HOWEVER, when I try to connect to my work PC I now get the "The client was unable to connect to the remote computer" error.

Why am I unable to connect from the Mac? It still works fine from my old PC and has the identical setup (Check Point VPN software and RDC software from MS).

Thanks!

2. SieMac macrumors newbie

Mac Remote Desktop

Have you got and answer for you remote desktop connectivity problem ?

I just got me an iMac and am having the same problem. And no one seems to know the answer in my group, Mac users or Windows.

SieMac

3. danny_w macrumors 601

Are you running the Remote Desktop beta or the original 1.0 version? I have had too many issues with the beta to be worth it, including connection, disconnects for no reason, inconsistent or no response, etc. If you are running the beta try the regular version instead. I use it at work to connect to a WinXP in the lab and it works fine.

4. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741