Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harrij

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2011
I have the exact same problem when trying to pair this mouse with my macbook. The macbook recognizes the hardware ID, but when it attempts to pair with an empty pass key, it fails.

This mouse is supposed to work with OSX so I know that it is meant to be compatible with Macs. Also, I know that my own BT settings are ok, because I tried this computer out with a friend's microsoft BT mouse (older model) and it worked just fine.

This is the second mouse I have tried because I thought the first one was defective. Turns out that isn't the case.

Please Help!
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/d...ype=Mouse&name=63A-00001&os=mac104x57&lang=en

Go to this site and download the software for the mouse..it is specifically for mac

dantastic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2011
I have just got myself one of these, the 8000 bt laser mouse. I'm using the dongle, it doesn't really bother me on an iMac.

I've 3 problems,

1) how do you correctly configure middle-click? (open in a new tab in firefox)

2) The mouse is quite often really erratic. I'm using the latest MS intellipoint version for mac.

3) the middle button is really really stiff, I have to adjust my hand to have enough force to be able to click it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.