MS Word 2004 question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by alexstein, Jul 11, 2005.

1. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

this is somewhat of an idiotic question but i'm not real familiar with ms word. i just use it sometimes and i usually get by with what i know. just recentley i have noticed that whenever i copy and paste an image and text from safari to ms word it only displays the text and the images are kind of lost. is there any adjustment i have to make in the prefs to display everything that i want to copy or is word 2004 for os x just incompatible with safari. i do not have problems like that when i use textedit. please help me out on this one!

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You cannot do what you are trying to do. You can paste a graphic image. You can paste a selection of text. You cannot paste a combination of text and graphics.

3. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I don't know what version of textedit you've got, but my version certainly doesn't paste text and graphics together (Panther). I've never heard of an app that does that.

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

The best way to achieve placing an image in a Word document is to pull the image from your computer using Insert>Image>From File. To get the image from the web, right click on it (click and hold), select Save Image As, and save it in a folder where you can find it. I have an Image folder I save items into. Then go through the process in Word to place the image. You'll probably want to save them as jpg files to save space.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Actually, in Tiger, TextEdit can do this. :eek: I don't know of a way to do it in Word. Actually, I would rarely want to import formatting from an HTML document into Word, so I never run into it....

If what you are doing is similar to a screen grab -- for instance, you are doing technical documentation -- then you probably actually want to do a screengrab and paste the picture of the whole window into Word. You could always do with a limited grab of a screen region, but then you would not get editable text out of it. But readers of technical lit will probably feel more comfortable if the screen grab has the whole window showing Safari, anyway.

6. alexstein thread starter macrumors 6502a

alexstein

thanks for all the replies guys that really helped out. I just needed to know if it just a screwed up setting in my ms word. but i guess it's not. thanks for the screen grab i did not even think of that. thanks again guys!!
    :) :) :) :) :)